Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HACKING MY EDUCATION

Funny this should be the assignment tonight since I recently watched this morning this TEDTALK about a 13 year old boy who hacked his own education.
This school year I believed Ive taken a step in the right direction. I stumbled into the world of autodidacticism in which I've started to venture out from the confines of public school system and have started to teach myself things. For instance I've been reading, a lot. In the past 3 weeks I have read seven books, everywhere from Utopian to nonfiction to philosophy. I have also been watching a lot of documentaries and although the opinions are skewed I do learn a lot of new things, I watched one the other day (A State of Mind) which completely opened my mind to a society and culture I knew very little of. Also with the recent addition of creating the website inlocopolitico I feel the obligation to keep up with current events which has turned out to be very helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Rudy sent me the same talk today (see course blog :). Let's make space in class to make your reading part of your study.

    ReplyDelete