Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

How I choose MY book

My book was A Thousand Splendid Suns  by Khalid Hasseni

When presented with the AP reading list, I was basically drooling. Which is completely nerdy, I know I know. But to have a selection of so many books FOR SCHOOL? That's unheard of.
Anyways. I wanted to read Kite Runner, I heard the reviews of my peers and honestly it jumped out. Being a teenager I'm way too lazy to drive ALL the way to the library (sarcasm),  so I asked my Mom which stories she had on this list and low and behold she had not kite runner, but a story similar written by the same author. I obtained it and read it within 4 days. I loved it, the female empowerment made me respect my gender and the Pakistani culture made me appreciate mine.
I can't wait to start my next book. ( hint hint Sophie's Choice)

No comments:

Post a Comment