Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on week 1

1. I believe the only factor that would inhibit my ability to perform to my full potential in this class would be my schedule. I'm busy. All. The. Time. I barely have time to eat dinner, let alone write an essay. Even when I do have time I try to spend as much as possible with my family because next year I will barely see them at all. It's difficult trying to balance everything. I've definitely never been in such a homework intensive class, that pulls away a lot from life.
2. My favorite learning experience was learning about the culture in Guatemala this summer. One night I stayed out until 1230 and sat in the center of town with two locals, we talked for 5 hours (or I should say they talked) about everything from modern day Guatemalan government to the origination of the Mayan religion. The way they talked with such compassion for their country really interested me and although I didn't understand everything they said I was able to comprehend that this subject was something very personal to them. I think from that experience I learned that although other cultures lack technology or wealth they make up for it in passion and dignity. After that I felt pity towards the country I lived in, how we will never have a background that strong to draw back on, we will never have a togetherness to pull us all together.
3. For this class I am most excited to learn everything I need to know about college. College is so exciting to me, anything that has to do with it holds my attention undoubtedly. I hope after this course I am able to travel off to college having all my questions answered and know exactly what's in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment