Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Poetry #1

1. The Laughing Heart by Charles Bukowski
2. The use of this poem is ironic because the general message is not to be influenced by the pressure of others when that is exactly what the corporation is doing. They're trying to influence you to buy their product and use the poem as a way of pressure.
3.This poem is the exact opposite of Bukowski's reputation. Bukowski is known for his straight forward approach to the harshness of reality but in this poem he sets an uplifting tone about the wonders life has to offer.
4. Google was my best friend for questions 1 and 3. I listened to the commercial and typed in a line from it into the search bar. "Your Life is Your Life" and of course it popped up right away. Then for question number 3 I searched for a biography of Bukowski and was able to get and overview of his general writing habits. For number 2 I relied solely on inference.
Number 1 I got from this website:

http://milan-poetry.blogspot.com/2007/03/laughing-heart-charles-bukowski.html
Number 3 I got from this website:
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/charles-bukowski

No comments:

Post a Comment