Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WHAT A CHARACTER

I've been ashamed of my favorite book since the 5th grade. I won it in 3rd grade and I've read atleast twice a year ever since and the worst part is it is at 4th grade reading level. Flipped by Wendelin van Draan contains my favorite character, who goes by the name of Julie.

Julie was the first person who introduced the idea that yourself is the best self. From the age of seven she did not change herself to make others like her and in the end. Reading this at such a young age really inspired me to not conform to society. I grew up with her character and through it I learned to stand up for what I believe in.
The author tells Julie's part of the story through 1st person this allows the diction to become very specified for that person which allowed a window into her thoughts.
Julie's tone is friendly and fearless, for the most part she is extremely optimistic through the most difficult of situations which again is a real inspiration.


On a side note, the movie for this book was an upset and I wish it was never made.

No comments:

Post a Comment