Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WILL STUDY FOR FOOD

The scholarship I found tonight was

Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Scholarship

The given description for this essay was :This premier scholarship opportunity is afforded to Latino students who have a history of performing public service-oriented activities in their communities and who plan to continue contributing in the future. There is no GPA or major requirement. Students with excellent leadership potential are encouraged to apply.Recipients will receive a one-time scholarship of:
- $5,000 to attend a graduate-level academic institution
- $2,500 to attend a four-year academic institution
- $1,000 to attend a community college or AA/AS granting institution

Which I found very reassuring since I am from Latino decent and I do have a sturdy amount of community service hours. 
My parents have come to the agreement that they will pay for the cost of a UC, nothing less. Which is wonderful, and I'm forever grateful but unfortunately my top choice costs more then a UC.University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  which is approximately 7000 dollars more then the most expensive UC, therefore I need to make up $7000 dollars in scholarships. Of course, I could work and save up but at the moment I'm having a trouble finding a job so that option is put on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment